Sunday, June 22, 2008

You Gotta Love Date Nights!!

Every Saturday night Blaine and I go out. Yes, it is a lot easier now that we have built in babysitters and most are old enough to babysit themselves. But we have been doing this for all of our married lives. In the ward we live in it was almost a commandment. If you could not find a babysitter the ward would provide one for you. So, Blaine and I started to go out every Saturday night. Now of course things come up, like Christmas, so you have to be a tiny bit flexible, but not give in to other things that can be done on another day. Sometimes we take another couple with us, but mostly it is just us, and we have decided we like it best when it is just us. So this Saturday we were going to drive Blaine's new mini convertible to Maddox, but that was hard because it didn't come yet. So, we went anyway in our other car. If you have been to Maddox... yummmm Corn pones, Rolls, Raspberry Butter, Petite fillet, Baked potato, Salad and yes a diet coke! If you have not been there, you have got to go!!
If you don't have a date night with your spouse you have got to start, because it is so good for you marriage! I have to say I live for date nights.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

I think this is a great idea, Kris! We don't do it now, but I know it will be important when we have a little baby. :)

Dancewear By Heather said...

I was getting gas at Costco the other day, and right there in front of me was Blaine’s car! It was red and everything! I had wondered if he had gotten his yet, I guess that answers my question! I tried to imagine you guys in it with your hair blowing in the wind  By the way, what kind of gas mileage does it get? Awesome I bet!