Saturday, June 21, 2008

Where are all the Hummingbirds?

I LOVE hummingbirds! Every year I hang 3 hummingbird feeders. I usually have to fill all of them everyday. But so far, since May, I have only filled them once. Where are they all? Did they decide not to come to Utah for the summer? I miss them. Usually at night just before the sun goes down we have 20 to 30 of them trying to get a drink before dark. They don't come after it is dark. If anyone knows why there are so few of them, let me know.

2 comments:

dianne_miller50 said...

AMEN to the Humming Birds! Our feeder is still full too, and I have only seen 1 or 2 so far this year. Our tree that has pretty pink sticky sweet flowers on it always attracts a bunch of them, but not this year!

Dancewear By Heather said...

That's a mystery, because we have seen hummingbirds out here. But I must say, we have had an unusual moth infestation this year! One night I drove into the garage to so many of them flying around the garage light that it looked like something out of a movie with bats flying around a belfry!