Today, a friend and I went to a cooking class at the Melting Pot. We learned all their little secrets. After we made our own food we, of course, got to eat it! It was very fun! I knew a lot of the things they were telling us, but learned a few new things. Did you know that there is vegetable bouillon or broth? I did not! I knew there was beef broth and chicken broth but vegetable? That is what they use in the stuff that Blaine and I like. They really use beer and the base. that is what we used today, and I don't like it. I kept telling my friend that it felt like I had a beer belly. It also has a weird taste. (Yes, all the alcohol burns out, but it still tastes like mold.)
So we made moldy cheese and then we did the main dish with e different cooking styles. One was Mojo cooking style and the other was coq au vin cooking style (YUCK, more alcohol, burgundy) Needless to say we cooked our stuff in the Mojo, it has lime and orange and a bunch of seasoning. Then the end was CHOCOLATE!, Strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, cheese cake, pound cake, brownies, rich krispie squares. VERY GOOD!!!

Cookbook included
2 comments:
Fun! Now you can made melting pot for us!
Wow! Don't they realize that they are going to loose their most faithful customers if they teach you how to make it yourself? :) So when are you having a melting pot party? :)
Post a Comment