Last night Blaine, Sadie and I went to Costco to load up on about $350.00 worth of things you cant live without. while we were wondering the isles Blaine came upon this:
Vanilla Bean.
This stuff is usually really expensive, but at Costco surprisingly cheap. So brought on the the idea that we should try and make some creme brulee again. Now we have made it 2 times in the past. The first time it turned out GREAT the second time it never set up. After the failure we have never made it again.
Until Last night. Blaine did most of the work. I had to pour the simmering cream mixture into the egg and sugar mixture, while Blaine whisked vigorously. You would think I could do my assigned job well, but no I poured it on Blaine hand.
Sorry Blaine.
BUT IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!
Tonight we have to torch the sugar on top! Then eat and enjoy!
We are hoping the kids don't like it so we can eat it all ourselves!

2 comments:
it takes two days?! You'd REALLY have to love it to go through that wouldn't ya? :)
It does have to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours but I was waiting for Blaine so we could try it out together.
Post a Comment